Thursday, May 15, 2008

Year Old Cake

I love traditions. And, I would say our one year anniversary was very "traditional." I still don't know where the tradition of eating the topper of your wedding cake a year later came from, but I wanted to do it for "good luck!" I had been warned by all the girls at work that their cake was nasty and taste like freezer burn..ha! So, I prepared myself and Clint for a not so tasty cake testing. We both took a bite (holding our breath) and were pleasantly surprised. It was wonderful! I might dare to say that it was almost better than on our wedding day. I know the thanks goes to a wonderful baker and an even better cake wrapper. My Nana wrapped our cake up well and immediately stuck it in her freezer. Thanks!
We spent the rest of our wedding anniversary evening watching our wedding video and our home movies of Cancun. Ahh, it makes we want to go back now! Clint of course, is always so thoughtful and sent me flowers to work. This time he sent my absolute favorite: lilies and roses. They are gorgeous! Again, because I'm a traditional kind of gal, I got him a book (paper). I ordered it from the Blurb.com website which downloads all your blog postings so that you can create a book. I made a book of our "First Year Together." Since I started blogging right after we were engaged, the book follows us through that time until now. It turned our really well!

Our cake 1 year ago


Our cake now--still as tasty!

My anniversary flowers

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey sweet girl! Can you believe it has been a year??? I'm still in shock that the time has gone by so fast! Anyways, wanted to let you know that I put my blog on private - send me an email at thewarnockfamily@yahoo.com if you want to keep reading!

OBIC, sister!

Anonymous said...

I have to say our cake was just as yummy 1 year later as well. Time flies by! It is crazy to think that Joey and I have been married for almost 2 1/2 years. Shew... haha Congrats on making it through the first year. :)

Tara said...

That is awesome that the cake was still tasty! We forgot to get ours out of Brad's Moms freezer. We got it out later and tried it and it as awful! You must have had a great wrapper!!! Maybe she should sell that as a service- "wedding cake topper wrapper"! Ha! The flowers are awesome!

Jaclyn said...

It sounds like you & Clint had a Happy 1 Year Anniversary! You both deserve nothing less, and I'm glad your cake was tasty! : ) Who baked your cake?