Thursday, August 2, 2007

My favorite things...

Each year Oprah has her favorite things on her show and actually gives them out to the lucky audience members (oh, to be so lucky!). So, I thought I would mention a few of my favorite household things. Most of these are our new wedding gifts and we probably wouldn't have some of them if it were not for the generous gift-givers. We had so many favorite wedding presents, and I might do another "favorite lists" for other things later. But for now, here are my Top 4 must haves:
*Disclaimer: Clint was not consulted in the construction of this list :)

4) Eureka Boss SmartVac- Was rated a best buy in Consumer Reports and I know why!! This thing pretty much "drives" itself. I've had a hand-me-down vacuum cleaner for 7 years. This makes cleaning fun (for now anyway)!

3) George Foreman's Grilleration- Wow, what a long way these have come. No more scrapping to clean the plates. Just remove the plates and throw them in the dishwasher. Cooks ANYTHING in less than 10 minutes. Griller's dream!



2)Henckel knife block-My nanaw told me about these a few years back. She has only 2 of these knives because they are rather expensive. We were fortunate to get the whole block! You can really tell a difference between good knives.



1) You knew this had to be my #1. I fought to keep this thing on our registry and Clint's very gracious grandparents gave us the KitchenAid mixer. (They also gave us the Grilleration!) I assumed I probably wouldn't get this but I wanted to at least add it to our registry. (What the heck, right?) Clint really was apprehensive at first b/c he thought it was a waste of money. Well, after I made some delicious cupcakes with it last week, I believe he is finally coming to terms :) What a bakers dream! This is by far the best kitchen assistant ever! Cannot wait to try all the new things with this bad boy! If you ever get a splurge, I would consider a KitchenAid. (That is, if you are not already in love with your own.)



1 comments:

Lindsey said...

I love the kitchen aid too!!! glad you got yours :)