Friday, December 2, 2011

Current Favorites

It's been about a month since I've posted, shame on me. I keep waiting thinking I'll get around to uploading some pictures to post, but apparently that might be awhile. Anyway, I've got lots to post so keep checking back. But on to more important matters, favorite things! I love the recent post by Hayley on the Nesting Place. So, I thought I would take a quick minute to share my current favorites under $10.00.

1) Pop Chips ($2.99 bag)



Oh me oh my, these are killer! If you don't know, chips are my favorite food. I love pretty much all kinds, no discrimintating here! Chips and dip, nachos, or just the plan kind, it makes no difference. However, this kind of food doesn't suit well when a gal is trying to watch her calorie intake. For a while I had been trying to eat only pretzels which, in my opinion, satified my salt craving but are Boring! Enter my absolute new favorite food: POP CHIPS. Why do I love them so? They are not fried, not baked, are all natural and low in fat and calories. Have you had these? If not, go to the store right now and grab a bag (or a few). Click here to find them near you. Usually run around $2.99 a bag but I recently bought 4 bags online for $5.

2) Love & Respect ($13.00)




Clint and I just finished this study at church and it has changed the way I view marriage completely! I have read many other marriage books in the past and nothing, I mean nothing, has positively affected our marriage the way this message has. If you are married or desire to be married, please read this book by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs.
3) Garnier Moisture Gel Cream ($6.99)

For once, something that does what it says. This cream really is "refreshing." It's a gel that is super moisturizing without leaving your skin oily. I have been using this for about 8 months now and it keeps my face from drying out. I put it on at night before bed and in the morning after I shower. Good stuff!
4) Sharpie Pen ($8.99- 4pack)


Ah yes, I had to end with office supplies because they have always been my favorite. I remember one year for Christmas getting a box full of envelopes, notepads, pens and tape from my grandmother. I was probably about 7 years old and it was without a doubt my favorite gift. I'm sure my parents would have liked to have known that before they went out spent a bunch of money on toys! A former coworker, who happens to be a lover of office supplies too, introduced me to these little jewels. Anything by Sharpie is good but these are the best. I'm a pen snob and these are top on my list.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Ben Hogan said...

Yay for Love and Respect! I agree that it far surpasses all other marriage books. It points us to Christ. Love it!

susan helm said...

Glad you finally changed your layout,I like it..are you doing the Opra thingy now with the my favorite things??? LOL

MandaBeth said...

I love your little list! The only one I was aware of and also have a love of is the Sharpie Pen! Gotta love some good office supplies. When I was younger and my sis worked at UK, the office she worked in, had a big supply drawer- pens, highlgihters, markers, paper, white out etc and when I'd go visit her she'd let me pick out a couple of things. I LOVED IT! I think I will be trying everything else on your list soon!!! miss you guys!!!!!!!!!!

Melanie said...

I just bought 'Love and Respect' but I haven't had a chance to read it yet. Now I'm going to make sure to read it soon!

So nice to 'meet' you today! :) I blog at "Only A Breath" and would love for you to stop by and visit :)

Hugs!
Melanie

Lauren said...

I got that book for our wedding, but I still haven't read it. Sounds like I need to get started!