Saturday, April 4, 2009

Weekends

This week was great because for some reason it flew by. It’s sad to say but Clint and I have both mentioned that we feel we are “living for the weekends.” With this job I only have a few hours at night to spend with him before we have to go to bed and do it all over again in the morning. So, on the weekends, we try to make the most of our time together.

Today was another gorgeous spring day. We got up and took Chloe to the groomer and then ate breakfast at a cute little diner close to our house. You know the kind, they serve breakfast all day and the waitress calls you “honey” and “sugar.” (I will mention that this is also the kind of place that you can spot a man smoking outside wearing a wife beater t-shirt, flannel pj pants, and…wait for it…NASCAR flip flops!) Clint said that we should go there because it sounded like the kind of place my grandfather Hunter would have liked. I love that he knew that since the only way he ever “met” him was through my memories. (So he actually does listen to all my stories and endless chatter!) It was the exact kind of place that I would have taken Hunter to eat breakfast. Good country cooking for only a few bucks!

While we were waiting for Chloe Belle to finish with her haircut we headed home, yard work for Clint and sewing for me. After lunch we went to Elizabethton to browse some antique stores. It was a perfect day to stroll downtown on the square! Afterwards, we took a hike up Buffalo Mountain. It was awesome to be at the top and see all of JC. I love the mountains and I love, love, love the weekend!

Photobucket

1 comments:

Lindsey said...

what ya sewing mish?