Saturday, September 29, 2007

Eventful Saturday

Today was a really fun/exhausting day for me. I woke up this morning with Clint as he was going for work and I got ready to go (where else) back to school. I am an advisor for a student group who hosts a dance marathon for the Children's Miracle Network. This dance is an all night event in which participants are not allowed to sit down and must keep dancing until the morning. Austin Peay students named this event "One Night Stand." Obviously, the reason for the name is the interest that it generates from students. This year, the student committee decided to hold a 5K Miracle Maker run. So, as one of the advisors (and the new girl on campus), I had to be there to help at 7am this morning. It was a little chaotic, but I'm proud to say they made a nice profit from it.

Also this morning, APSU had their Bid Day for the sororities. When the race was over, I was invited to stop in the Alpha Delta Pi house. The other assistant director in my office who is over Greek Life is an ADPi, so she introduced me to the girls. I was a little apprehensive at first because I'm not an alum of their chapter. But, they were all so welcoming. I got to meet a lot of really great sisters. The chapter advisor told me that they might have an open advisor position and asked me to consider it. Clint and I are going to talk it over, but I think it's something I would really like to do.

Anyway, after all that, I ended up leaving campus about 1ish. So much for my day off :) But, I'm just happy I'm meeting new people and learning more about the students here!

From my ADPi days

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! Let me know if you do the advisor thing - that sounds great!

Lindsey said...

look at you cutie :) did you cut your hair?