Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Our Big News

Shamefully, it's been a few months since my last post. But, we have been so busy with the holidays and our big news that I'm just now getting time to write. Most everyone knows by now (especially, if you have seen me lately) that we are expecting TWINS in July.


Anna Ruth practicing for 2 babies

In November, Clint and I went in for the first ultrasound. I was so busy praying to hear a strong heartbeat that I almost missed the ultrasound technician say it looks like 2 babies. Honestly, we have been walking around in a fog since, ha!

Pregnancy is such a blessing and trying to imagine what life with twins and a (almost) 4 year old will look like can be pretty overwhelming. We have both said repeatedly that the Lord would not have blessed us with these babies if we could not (somehow) handle it. My goal from the beginning has been to take this journey one step at a time. I'm not allowing myself to think/worry about what it will be like once they get here. I'm focused on doing everything I can to get these babies here safely. While pregnancy is a blessing it can also be scary. So many things can go wrong and when there are 2 it can double those things. But, I am relying on God's peace.

It's funny what people say/ask when you are pregnant. One thing that bugs me is when someone ask if we had them naturally. Meaning, did we do IVF. We didn't, this was all the Lord's doing. But, what does it matter. What if we had? Would that make it less special? I realize people's curiosity speaks before they really think and some may simply wonder if there are twins in our family trees (and we do). And maybe one might also ask because identical twins are not hereditary. But, we are told our babies are fraternal and that can be based on the gene.

Either way, I so excited to begin feeling kicks, hiccups and movements of two little ones. We should find out gender soon, if they corporate! Please remember us in your prayers as we await their arrival.

0 comments: